Safety Compliance Engineering
Pre-Start Health & Safety Reviews (PSHSR/PSR)
In Ontario, any new machine, equipment or process or existing machine/equipment being modified requires a Pre-Start Health and Safety Review (PSR/PSHSR) if a provision and a circumstance from the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation 851, Section 7 applies.
At ANCAM all Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews (PSR/PSHSR’s) are performed by licensed engineers in accordance with Professional Engineers of Ontario Guidelines and the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation 851, Section 7. In addition to providing PSR Safety Engineering services, ANCAM also provides the design and fabrication services below to help customers comply with CSA Z432/Z434/Z142 machinery safeguarding/robot/press guarding requirements.
Safety Upgrade Turnkey Design and Build Services
- Machine guarding mechanical design (AutoCAD 2D/3D) done in accordance with CSA Z432/Z434/Z142 guarding requirements
- Safety circuit electrical designs (Category 3/4 safety circuit AutoCAD circuit designs) to meet CSA Z432/Z434/Z142 machinery safety standards
- Safety PLC programming (Allen Bradley/Siemens platforms)
- Electrical panel build of safety and motor control designs (ESA approved panels)
- Field install, integration and testing of mechanical guarding, electrical field safety components (door interlock switches, light curtains, area scanners, enabling pendants) and safety controllers/PLC’s with the existing machine controls to ensure the equipment works seamlessly in combination with the new safety upgrades.